Do not enable test mode on your live site because once the payment method is activated in the store settings, it's live for customers to use. Use a staging/development Shopify store only for testing.
Afterpay and Clearpay integrations on Shopify support test mode. This means you are able to:
- Connect a sandbox Afterpay/Clearpay account
- Simulate all supported transactions including orders, authorizations, captures, voids and refunds
To enable Test Mode to start testing, do the following:
- Log in to Shopify.
- Enter Shopify Store.
- Go to the Afterpay/Clearpay payment settings screen.
- Scroll down to the Afterpay/ Clearpay Payment Method and click Manage.
- Once you click the Manage button, the page below appears:
- Check Enable Test Mode and click Save.
- Click Manage again and select Set up test mode.
- A pop up box appears. Enter the Sandbox Merchant ID and Secret Key and click Continue to save your credentials.
Transactions will not be in test mode unless you connect your test mode account, AND enable test mode.
To check if Sandbox has been configured correctly, go to your test site and conduct a test transaction. Once it has been redirected to the Afterpay/Clearpay Login page, check the URL and it should be a Sandbox URL.
Follow the instructions here to create a sandbox account and simulate various transaction approval outcomes.
As a merchant onboarding, you must have a production account to sign up and receive production credentials. These enable you to click the Activate Clearpay button.
Updated about 1 month ago