Clearpay is available for PrestaShop merchants with a store address in these countries:
As Afterpay in these countries.
🇺🇸 United States
🇳🇿 New Zealand
Before you install the Clearpay module:
- Ensure that you have a Clearpay account, you can sign up here! UK, FR, IT & ES
- Check your PrestaShop version. The Clearpay module is only compatible with versions 1.6.x and 1.7.x.
- Set the base currency and language in the PrestaShop Admin panel to match where you are selling. These settings can be found in the International > Localisation > Configuration menus.
- In the PrestaShop admin panel, navigate to Modules > Module Catalog.
- Search for 'Clearpay' and click Install.
- Click Configure. The Clearpay configuration panel should appear.
- Enter your Clearpay merchant ID and secret key.
- Ensure the Module is enabled field is toggled to 'Yes'.
- Set the API environment dropdown to 'Production'.
Check whether the module has been installed and configured correctly, check that the Clearpay option is displayed on your product pages and at checkout.
"Unauthorized" error message appears when saving the configuration
There are two common causes for a this error message.
1. Incorrect merchant credential configuration.
Please ensure the Merchant ID & Secret Key are entered correctly and you don't have blank spaces after or before it.
2. The Environment is set to "Sandbox" rather than "Production".
Please ensure that you have selected the "Production" API Environment in the settings menu.
Can I prevent Clearpay being available for specific products?
If you have categories that do not comply with the Clearpay standards for authorized products, you must mark it as restricted on the admin panel configuration.
Those selected as "restricted" will prevent Clearpay being available on;
- Product Page: If the product belongs to a restricted category, the Clearpay widget will not be present on the product page.
- Cart Page: If some of the products in the cart belong to a restricted category, the Clearpay widget will not be present in the cart page.
- Checkout page: If some of the products in the Checkout belong to a restricted category, Clearpay will not be present in the checkout as a payment option.
Updated about 15 hours ago