Until recently Adobe Commerce was called Magento 2.
- The Clearpay Extension for Adobe Commerce is compatible with Adobe Commerce version 2.3.5-p1 or greater
- The plugin relies on a dedicated Website Scope being used for each market region (country) with a corresponding Base Currency set in Adobe Commerce Admin. To set the Base Currency, go to
Stores > Configuration > Currency Setup and set the currency to match your Clearpay account region
Download the Clearpay extension from the GitHub repository and unzip it.
Install the extension. It can be installed with or without using Composer:
To install the Clearpay extension using Composer:
a. Open a command line interface and navigate to the Adobe Commerce directory on your server.
b. In CLI, run the below command to install Clearpay module:
composer require clearpay-global/module-clearpay:^5
c. At the Composer request, enter your Adobe Commerce (Magento) marketplace credentials (public key - username, private key - password)
d. Make sure that Composer finished the installation without errors.
e. Run the Adobe Commerce (Magento) setup upgrade:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
f. Run the Adobe Commerce (Magento) Dependencies Injection Compile:
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
g. Run the Adobe Commerce (Magento) Static Content deployment:
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
To install the Clearpay extension without using Composer:
a. Create directory
Clearpay/Clearpay' in [MAGENTO]/app/code
b. Copy the files to the 'Clearpay/Clearpay' folder
c. Open the Command Line Interface (CLI) and run the commands below:
|php bin/magento module:enable Clearpay_Clearpay||Enable Clearpay extension.|
|php bin/magento setup:upgrade||Adobe Commerce (Magento) setup upgrade.|
|php bin/magento setup:di:compile||Adobe Commerce (Magento) dependencies injection complile.|
|php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy||Adobe Commerce (Magento) static content deployment.|
- Login to Adobe Commerce Admin and go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods > Clearpay (scroll to bottom)
- Enter the following basic settings:
|Enabled||Yes - Clearpay turned on.|
No - Clearpay disabled.
|API Mode||Sandbox - for development or staging environments.|
Production - for your live website.
|Title||Installments by Clearpay - the title of payment method at checkout.|
|Merchant ID||Your 9 digit Sandbox or Production Clearpay Merchant ID.|
|Merchant Key||Your Sandbox or Production Clearpay Secret Key.|
|Payment Action||Authorise and Capture.|
- Enter the following advanced settings:
|Minimum/Maximum Order Total||Click *Update Limits button to obtain your current minimum and maximum Clearpay order thresholds.|
|Cross-Border Trade||Enabled - this is enabled via speaking to your Clearpay Representative.|
|Debug||Yes - Debug logs are written to "h-0": "/var/log/afterpay.log.|
No - Disabled.
|Sort Order||(Order of payment methods at checkout).|
|HTTP Version Header Support||No - normal value.|
Yes - if "Invalid header line detected" errors occur.
|Exclude Category||Select relevant categories to exclude Clearpay from being available.|
|Payment Flow||Immediate Payment Flow - Capture full payment.|
Deferred Payment Flow - Capture incremental amounts as items are despatched.
- Go to Country Specific Settings.
- Set Payment from Applicable Countries to 'Specific Countries'
- Set Payment from Specific Countries to match the region of your Clearpay account.
- Click Save Config in the upper-right.
- Flush the Adobe Commerce system cache by navigating to System > Cache Management. Then select Flush Cache Storage.
If you are using Express Checkout:
- Enter the following settings:
|Enabled for Product Page||Yes - Can checkout directly from Product Page|
|Enabled for Cart Page||Yes - Can checkout directly from Cart Page|
|Enabled for Mini-Cart Page||Yes - Can checkout directly from Mini-Cart|
To update to the latest version of the Clearpay extension:
- Remove files in:
[Adobe-Commerce]/app/code/Clearpay/Clearpay. [Adobe-Commerce] refers to the root folder where you have installed your version of Adobe Commerce.
- Follow the installation process above.
Clearpay is available for Adobe Commerce (Magento) merchants with a store address in these countries:
As Afterpay in these countries.
🇺🇸 United States
🇳🇿 New Zealand
Updated about 1 month ago