This flow completes the payment approval, starts the consumer's payment plan, and settles the full order value with the merchant - all as a combined action.
- Merchant calls the Get Configuration endpoint to retrieve Clearpay order limits, possibly as part of an asynchronous scheduled background process.
- Merchant stores these minimum and maximum order values server-side.
- Separately, at the checkout, Merchant uses the stored Clearpay minimum and maximum order values to determine if Clearpay should be presented as an available payment method.
- Merchant calls the Create Checkout endpoint to retrieve a Clearpay order token.
- Consumer completes the Clearpay screenflow and is returned to the Merchant website.
- If the Consumer clicks "confirm", they will be returned to the Merchant website with the
- If the Consumer cancels, they will be returned to the Merchant website with the
- If the merchant is able to fulfil the order, the merchant calls the Capture Full Payment endpoint to capture the payment.
- Payment status ("APPROVED" or "DECLINED") is only known once Capture Full Payment has been completed.
- If the payment was approved by Clearpay, the Merchant presents the Consumer with an order confirmation/receipt page.
- If the payment was declined by Clearpay (e.g. the Consumer’s card details are entered incorrectly), the Merchant presents an appropriate message to the Consumer at the checkout.