Before creating an Clearpay checkout the merchant needs to retrieve the minimum and maximum order amounts that Clearpay is enabled for. This is done through the Get Configuration endpoint.
This call should be done as apart of a scheduled background process. We recommend calling this endpoint once a day and storing the
The merchant should use these values to determine:
- The correct Clearpay Messaging to show on the Product Detail pages
- Whether Clearpay should be presented as an available payment method.
A request to create a checkout will be declined if the order grand total is less than the minimum, or more than the maximum Clearpay amount. Check with your Clearpay contact to change your minimum or maximum range.
You will call the Create Checkout endpoint to tell Clearpay information including:
- Customer Information
- Order Details
- Order Total
- Shipping Information
- URL you would like to direct the customer to when they complete the Clearpay checkout flow
Clearpay uses the Order Total value to calculate the instalment plan and to assist with the consumer’s pre-approval process.
Clearpay will respond with a token used to identify this checkout.
After the consumer completes the checkout flow they will be returned to the Merchant website URL provided in the Create Checkout request. If using the redirect method the URL will have status appended to the Merchant URL. For Example:
- If the consumer successfully completes the checkout flow:
- If the consumer closes the window:
A popup method is also available which uses a
postMessageto communicate the status and token.
Updated 7 months ago